APPLYING FOR MSc (BY DISSERTATION) OR PhD REGISTRATION
Your initial application needs to be made to the Department of Biological Sciences. Once this has been approved, you will be able to apply online through the Science Faculty office.
- Initial application to Department of Biological Sciences
If you are interested in registering for a postgraduate degree in Biological Sciences at the University of Cape Town please send us the following information:
- your full CV (include copies of transcripts if available)
- the names and contact details of two referees;
- a one page letter motivating why you want to study at UCT, what your fields of interest are and what degree you wish to register for;
- if known, the name of a potential supervisor in Biological Sciences at UCT and a description of your planned project;
- any funding already available to you in the form of bursaries or self-support, and running expenses.
- For a PhD, a summary of your MSc and any publications derived thereof
- A completed Departmental applicationform.
Your application will be assessed by the Department of Biological Sciences Board. You will then be notified of the outcome of your application. If successful, the Department will notify you that in principle we are willing to take you on as a postgraduate student.
- Online application to Science Faculty Office
You will then need to apply for acceptance into the University which is subject to formal approval that you meet the entrance requirements of the Faculty of Science. See The Faculty guidelines http://www.science.uct.ac.za/sci/postgrad/applicants/application for the application and registration processes.